Finding the right person to act as a Court of Protection Deputy or a Professional Trustee can be difficult. Hyphen Law can lighten the load.
The financial affairs of someone who has a mental impairment whether through a serious accident, professional negligence, mental illness, dementia or a learning difficulty can be complex, particularly when they involve a large award of compensation or valuable assets. It can for example include the responsibility of selling or purchasing and adapting a property, the employment of staff, domestic budgeting, taking a long term overview of care needs, reporting to the Public Guardian and a good deal more.
Hyphen Law is here to help. We understand that looking after the affairs of someone who has lost the capacity to make decisions for themselves demands patience, skill and expertise and we bring all of these qualities to our professional Deputyship and Trustee service.
We recognise that appointing a stranger to help you can be a leap in the dark but we work hard to build and maintain a personal but professional relationship with our clients and their families throughout their lifetime.
We get to know you very well and offer a perspective that helps with the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. We work with you to keep life on track.
Are you acting as a Deputy or Trustee?
If you are acting as Deputy or Trustee we understand your desire to do the right thing and support the person you care about; however acting as a Deputy or Trustee is a big responsibility so we are also here to assist you if you need a helping hand.
With so much to think about and do, it can be easy to get behind with some of the financial and other tasks that fall to you to deal with. It’s possible to miss out on additional support and financial help if you don't realise what's available. Whether it's support with big projects like helping plan and build changes to the home or the ongoing routine administrative tasks like making sure that all tax paperwork or an annual report or Trust accounts are completed on time, we can help you every step of the way.
- We can arrange independent investment advice from a range of specialist advisors who are experienced in the investment of compensation awards or other funds.
- We can ensure that you also claim the benefits that the person you represent are entitled to receive.
- We can advise you on tax matters and ensure that you don’t get an unexpected tax bill.
- If you’re having trouble with the bank we can help.
- We can also ensure that you’re getting the right care and support at the right price, whether it’s putting you in touch with a specialist case manager, treating therapist, employing a dedicated team of support workers or obtaining a full entitlement to statutory funding and benefits.
We have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help you link up with people and organisations that will make your life easier.
Talk to us and see how we can help.